Where it all Started

Where it all Started

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I need a moment!!!

Ok so I just need to take a moment and say something that has been bothering me. Yes I have gained/ maintained the same weight since I have had carter. But the comments that people give are mean when you are over weight especially when your friends/ family directed these comments towards you the one that is over weight. For example man she is big, holly cow did you see her legs they are huge, or when you walk by and they look you up and down and just stair. IT SO RUDE and HURTFULL!!!! And you inside know that you are tying your best to do what is good for you. I want you to take a moment next time you even think about making fun of some ones weight, and just think about their feelings. You have NO idea what they might be going threw to maybe try and get that weight off or even if maybe they have a medical problem that you don’t know about and this is such a touchy subject for them. Think of their feelings. As you can tell mine is really hurt. So for those friends and family who have helped with this Subject you know who you are Thanks for the hurtfully thoughts……Sorry i just need to vent....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. It is really hard to lose weight after having a baby and other people's rude comments don't help a bit. I think you look great! Don't get down on yourself!

suefoutz said...

Amber you look great! You are a MOM and that alone is beautiful. It is really hard to loose the weight after being pregnant. I know what those stares look like and people think you don't notice or they dont care but either way dont worry. As long as you are happy and your baby is well taken care of. Your mommy curves should be a source of pride. I know mine are.

kim said...

I am sorry you have been hurt, by looks or comments of others, I too know how you feel. I have gained at least 20 pounds with each of my pregnancies and have not lost the weight. I am not pleased with how I look, and part of it is my fault and the other part is the reason (I think you know what I mean). Don't be hard on yourself all that matters is how you feel, don't let the feelings or comments of others get you down, it is not their right to tell YOU about how YOU should look. You are a mom be proud of it and be proud of Carter, but most of all be proud of YOU, you are Amber and YOU are a BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER OF GOD.

Belchlos said...

Amber, you don't need to ever worry about what other people think because you have something called "inner beauty" that those people do not have and will never will. I saw you today and I thought you looked awesome! Stand tall and never be ashamed of what you are or how you look. You are beautiful! Love you and miss you!

Shannon said...

AMEN! Boy do I know how that feels too! I love what Susan said. You are a mom and that is what is most important! You are so beautiful, I have always been so jealous of your beauty.

It has taken me years to be able to look at myself in the mirror every morning and remember that I am a Daughter of God, I am a mother, I am a wife, I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a Aunt, I am a friend. My weight is the last thing to make me who I am. I can honestly say most days (not all cuz I am human) that I like the way I look and am proud of who I am. I hope that you too can find that someday too. Until then tell the mean people to shut up!

Jenn said...

Great post! I have dealt with this most of my life, and hate it! Weight is such a difficult thing to deal with, and those that don't struggle with it, just don't understand. I think people think comments help, but don't understand that they do more harm than help. You are such a cutie, and it shocks me that anyone...especially friends and family would say otherwise! Shame on them...seriously!

julianne orth said...

amber, I'm sorry that people have been so rude to you, I really hope that I wasn't one of them cuz i would never mean to do something like that. I have always thought that you are beautiful and still do! Being a mom means that you give up your body for a mom body, and would we really have it any other way?? I just want you to know that i care about you a lot, and i really do think you are such a good person and mom. I wish we could see each other more. Your little boy is adorable, oh and I never got to comment on you quitting your job- that is great, you will never regret it, and carter will be so much better for it!